Jun 8, 2014

BusiER weekend!

The bum days are over!


We went from having a free weekend to a packed weekend of errands, parties, baking and soccer watching. Not to mention picking weeds and doing some gardening.

Picking some weeks in the hot and humid Idaho summer...not really, but it was still sunny.

Taking a quick break to hydrate.

Baking

A weekend without treats does not deserve to be called such, so my wife decided to try something new!  They are called alfajores.  They were a lot of work, but they were delicious!  Shortbread cookies with dulce de leche dipped in chocolate.  I'll let you imagine the taste for yourself...too bad licking the screen won't help.

The shortbread cookies first.
Meanwhile getting the dulce de leche prepped up.
Quick little snack (Celena's favorite chips) while we wait.
Now tell me, don't you wish your wifey was as good as mine?!
Here are some, dipped in chocolate.  I'm sorry, but you've got to try them.
They taste better in person. ;)
 
We made plenty, but I think they're gone now. 





It was definitely a crazy weekend, but one think for sure is, there is nowhere else I would rather be but with my wife and family.  We've been married for over 2 years, but it feels like we've known each other forever and got married yesterday.  Time has gone by so quick, and this is just the beginning.  I have learned so much in our marriage, and one thing for sure is, she owns me!  I hope you enjoy the pics and I will post more about our little adventures.  Sign up for email updates and once again, thanks for reading our blog! Adios!

Don't forget to visit my wife's blog here if you are interested in improving your health through fitness and nutrition (and burn off the calories from these yummy treats, after all, that is the main reason why we workout!).










1 comments:

Unknown said...

You should not post this without sending out samples. These look divine!