Jul 30, 2014

5 Reasons Why I Decided to Start Blogging

 
Photo by Clearvoice.com

My wife and I have been very interested in family history lately and recently, she has asked me multiple times to write in my journal so our children and future generations can get to know where I came from.  Well, writing in a journal every night is not an easy task, however, with the technology at our hands, I decided to take advantage of it.  So I have gathered at 5 reasons why I decided to start blogging...

5. Keep our family updated


Facebook has become a great place to give an update about our life to our family.  However, I've come to lose interest in what I see there sometimes.  So if people are really interested in what's going on in your life, they'll check your blog.  Since I started my blog, we've been able to upload pictures of family, adventures, and other activities using our new camera.  It's been fun and our family has the opportunity to stay up to date, without seeing other people's "status updates." 

4. Voice my thoughts and feelings


In a busy world with infinite voices, I felt the need to put mine out there.  Some use Twitter, Facebook, but I decided to use a blog, a transparent personal box of thoughts and feelings about certain topics.  Everyone has a point of view about everything, and sometimes, it helps to say yours.

3. Family History


As mentioned before, family history has become an interest in our marriage.  With my wife learning about our ancestors through Ancestry.com, we've come to realized how important and valuable writing about your life is.  Although it takes patience and stamina to find new people in your family tree, the best part is reading personal stories about a great-great-grandparent, and I hope that my blog can one day do the same.

2. Improve writing 

I started learning English when I was 10, when my family moved to the U.S..  It was challenging, but with practice, I have improved.  Starting this blog has definitely helped and I encourage you to try it.  It has helped me prepare for graduate school, or even for future jobs where writing skills are necessary.

1. Live a more intentional life


Surprisingly, this has become one of the main reasons why I continue to blog.  It has helped me think about who I am, who I am becoming, and which part I play in this world.  It has helped me find a purpose not only in my life, but every day. 


Although there are other reasons I started blogging not mentioned such as learning how to type code in HTML, learn about CSS, and meeting new people, my whole intent is to inspire someone.  I hope that my life, my goals, and my achievements on this blog one day can serve someone and inspire them to live a more meaningful life.  

 

Thank you again for visiting my blog and reading this post.  Please, comment below and tell me why YOU started blogging, or if you haven't, what questions do you have about blogging?  I'd love to suggests platforms or tips for your blog that will enhance your blogging experience.





0 comments: